Hello from Breckenridge, Colorado!
Ever wonder how the number of residential properties for sale, fluctuates during the year?
Get the quick answer from our 1-minute video, or see the details below.
The short answer is: the number of listings is at a minimum in January, and a maximum in July.
The chart below shows the number of residential listings in the Breckenridge area since October, 2008.
- “Residential listings” means the total number of homes, condos, townhomes, duplexes, and vacant land for sale on any given date
- The chart shows a clear seasonal pattern.
- The number of listings generally is the lowest in January, and slowly rises all spring and summer to a peak in July.
- On average, the number of listings rises about 35% from January to July
- Looking at the chart as a whole, the number of listings has declined somewhat in the past three years, especially in 2011. The most likely reason is that people have tried to sell their properties, but didn’t get the price they wanted, and are leaving their property off the market until prices improve. As our market continues to stabilize and improve, we expect the total number of listings to increase, with higher highs in July, and higher lows in January.
So, now you know how the market inventory varies during the year. Believe it or not, we have even more data, so if you like market statistics, you know who to call!