Hello from Breckenridge, Colorado!
How’s the local real estate market? We have a recovering market, with the number of residential sales up 19% over last year at this time. How has the number of listings varied, over the years, and seasonally? When do we have the most listings on the market? The fewest?
Get the quick answer from our 1-minute video, or see the details below.
The short answer is: The number of residential listings varies seasonally; low in January, high in July. From a multi-year standpoint, the number of listings was much lower back in 2007 during a hot real estate market. Overall the number of listings is falling as the market recovers.
The chart above shows the total number of active residential listings over time: homes, condos, townhomes, duplexes, and vacant land.
- About 400 residential listings for sale in 2007 (a hot market)
- As the market fell into the Great Recession, properties stopped selling while more inventory came on the market
- Over 1,200 properties for sale in 2009 and 2010
- As the market recovers, the number of properties continues an overall decline; however, there is a seasonal market fluctuation
- The fewest properties on the market in January/February; the most properties on the market in July/August
- On average, there are 30% more properties on the market in July than in January
So, if you are thinking of listing, now is a good time to start thinking about getting your property on the market! It’s best to have it on the market by June 1 so that our summer visitors can find your property online when planning their summer trip to Breckenridge.
So call us today, to get started!
Roger & Teresa Moen
Your Mountain Realtors